After completing my vision board (see Monday’s post), I began searching for one word that would summarize what I would like for myself for the coming year. I looked up the word CONNECT and I didn’t really love the definitions. Thinking about “lit up” again, I looked up the word ILLUMINATE and I love it! Illuminate is my word of the year. My “mind map” is at the right.
1. to supply or brighten with light; light up.
2. to make lucid or clear; throw light on (a subject).
3. to decorate with lights, as in celebration.
4. to enlighten, as with knowledge.
5. to make resplendent or illustrious: A smile illuminated her face.
I like the celebratory aspect of it. I really like the associations I can make between light and a positive, joyful mood. I love “to enlighten, as with knowledge” because I am always seeking to learn new things. Finally, I want to spend my time with things or people that make me light up inside. Woo hoo! I have a word!